PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports)
Hello and welcome. Beulah's parents, family, and friends:
Beulah Middle School needs your support and donations to help improve our PBIS Incentive Program!
Beulah Middle School is now a PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports) school, which means our school is promoting a positive discipline plan to help our students enjoy coming to school and interacting in a positive manner.
PBIS is an approach to behavior support that includes an ongoing process of research-based assessment, intervention, and data-based decision-making focused on building social and other functional competencies, creating supportive contexts, and preventing the occurrence of problem behaviors. PBIS relies on strategies that are respectful of a person’s dignity and overall well-being and that are drawn primarily from behavioral, educational, and social sciences, although other evidence-based procedures may be incorporated. PBIS may be applied within a multi-tiered framework at the level of the individual and at the level of larger systems (e.g., families, classrooms, schools, social service programs, and facilities).”
Here are some incentive ideas:
- Food gift cards (McDonald's, Wendy’s, Subway, etc.) - $5 or $10 cash value.
- Store gift cards (Wal-Mart, Target, Game Stop, Old Navy, Foot Locker, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Fast Eddies, Sam’s Fun City, Dream Land Skating Center, Claire’s, Visa gift cards, cash donations, etc.)
- New or used electronic games with game cartridges and chargers (MP3 players, Nintendo, Nano, iPod, mini iPad, XBOX, Wii, Gameboy, etc.).
- Bicycles, skateboards, basketballs, soccer balls, and footballs
- Packaged candy (Dum Dum lollipops, Blow Pops lollipops, Airheads, Ring Pops, seasonal candy, drinks, etc.)
- Sports/college paraphernalia
- Miscellaneous items (cell phone cases, headphones, earplugs, and board games).
Whatever you volunteer to donate will be greatly appreciated!
Please attach your name and address to any item you volunteer to donate. Beulah’s PBIS members would like to mail you a personal “Thank You.” All donations can be dropped off in the front office, or ask for Mrs. Floyd-Johnson: PBIS Coach, at 850-316-3800.
PBIS in the News
In the May/June 2022 issue of The Agricultural Education Magazine Agriscience Teacher and FFA Advisor Leanne Jenkins wrote "Keeping It Positive," about the Beulah Middle PBIS program and AgriPasses.