Escambia County Public Schools proudly supports military students and families. We offer resources for transition planning, academic planning, and exceptional student education services. Please visit the Escambia County Public Schools Military Families page here https://www.escambiaschools.org/military for more resources and information.
Lipscomb Elementary School is proud to announce our
2023 Veterans Ceremony and Wall of Honor
November 9th at 8:30 a.m. we will honor our Veterans with a procession in our main hallway, a program by our chorus, followed by light refreshments, and a Wall of Honor displaying Veterans of Lipscomb family members.
Who are military & family life counselors and what do they do?
Child and Youth Behavioral (CYB) Military & Family Life Counselors (MFLC) are:
- Masters or Doctorate level licensed counselors specializing in child and youth behavioral issues
- Available at no cost to assist children, parents, and staff
Our on-campus Military & Family Life Counselor is available to offer a wide range of support to military families to include, but not limited to:
- Improving social skills and maintaining friendships
- Modeling behavioral techniques
- Adapting to relocation
- Deployment and separation
- Reunion adjustment
- Sibling and parent-child communication
- Coping with changes in family dynamics
- Managing anger
- Building self-esteem, confidence, and leadership skills
- Counseling for fear, grief, and loss
- Facilitating peer groups
- Being available to parents and staff to discuss concerns and provide resources
As part of being a Leader in Me School, we have a Student Ambassador program.
Our Student Ambassadors will:
- Provide New Students with a Tour
- Eat Lunch with New Students
- Provide Encouragement
- Help the New Student to Feel Welcome and Involved
- 100% Acceptance: for Every Student
- Serve As Greeters for Programs
April 15-19 ~ Purple Up Week in celebration of our military students!