Sherwood Elementary is proud to be a Leader in Me School. Leader in Me is an evidence-based PK-12 model, developed in partnership with educators and designed to build leadership in students, create a high-trust culture, and improve academic achievement.
We focus on developing the whole child by:
- Teaching leadership to every student.
- Creating a culture of student empowerment.
- Aligning systems to drive results in academics.
We use two frameworks in our work as a Leader In Me school:
We invite families and community partners to join us in our mission to ensure that every student succeeds by:
- Attending leadership events.
- Joining our Parent and Community Lighthouse Team (more information coming soon!).
- Sponsoring or supporting a schoolwide leadership role, club, or service-learning project.
Please reach out to our Administrative Team to get connected. You can also visit the Leader in Me Family Development page to learn more.
Be sure to check out the other Leader In Me links to dive into The 7 Habits and more!