Media CenterTBA3:39 p.m.Media Center
School Advisory Council Officers
School Advisory Council Members (2022-2023)
1) Perform the duties mandated for school advisory councils by the statutes of the State of Florida.
2) Provide stakeholders (parents, students, teachers, educational support employees and community) of Northview High School the opportunity to give input to the school improvement process.
3) To act as a forum for discussion on issues important to the school.
1) A majority of the members of the Council must be parents.
2) Students, teachers, and educational support employees must comprise less than half of the Council.
3) There shall be at least 2 students on the Council.
4) There shall be at least 2 teachers on the Council.
5) The principal shall be a member of the Council, but shall not serve as chairperson.
6) The Council shall have a minimum of ten members.
7) The term of membership is limited to three consecutive terms.
1) Assist in the preparation of and approve the annual School Improvement Plan required by section 230.23 (16), Florida Statutes.
2) Provide input to the Principal of Northview High School in preparing the annual school budget and School Improvement Plan as required by Section 223.555 (1), Florida Statutes.
3) Perform those functions prescribed by the Escambia County School Board either in their publication, School Improvement and Educational Accountability Guidelines, or in directives from the board.
4) Advise teachers and education support employees on issues considered important to the welfare of the school.
5) Act as a representative cross-section of the school community in evaluating new programs proposed for the school.