- IB Open Enrollment
- Shadowing program is fully scheduled for the 1st semester! Please check back in January for shadowing during the 2nd semester.
- School Profile
- Academic Dishonesty Reporting
- School Calendar 2023-2024
- Focus Portal
- Absent Verification
- Check-In/Check-out Procedures
- College Visit Form
- Summer Curriculum
Through the IB program, students become inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced, and reflective.
Welcome to the PHS International Baccalaureate (IB) Program at Pensacola High School!
The mission of the PHS IB Program is to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect!
Pensacola High School's International Baccalaureate Program
Pensacola High School is the first and only school in Escambia County to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) full Diploma Program. Students are allowed to apply from outside counties; for example, many students come from Santa Rosa County. The FL Pre-IB program was first implemented in 1986, with the first IB class graduating in 1990. Beginning in the ninth and tenth grades, students enroll in Florida Pre-IB courses (as well as conventional high school electives) that prepare them for the rigors of the IB diploma program. Students take a mix of IB and AP classes to provide the most rigorous educational opportunities to prepare them for University. Along with the intangible benefits of knowing they have persevered through an extremely challenging high school curriculum, IB graduates frequently receive generous scholarship assistance in attending universities. For the past five years, our IB classes have earned an average of 10 million dollars! Our students historically proclaim that they feel very well prepared for college—in fact, the academic transition is practically painless.
- Students are inducted into the IB Diploma Program in 11th grade after successful completion of the FL Pre-IB program (grades 9 and 10).
- Students take written examinations at the end of the program and can receive many college credits, which are marked by external IB examiners.