Blue Angels Elementary was opened for the 2000 - 2001 school year. Blue Angels Elementary was built in response to the growing population in west Pensacola. Blue Angels Elementary is located in Pensacola, Florida in a beautiful wetland area. It is closely located to the back gate of Naval Air Station Pensacola, the home base for the USN Blue Angels. We are a part of the Escambia County School District. Since the 2004 school year, Blue Angels Elementary has been an "A" school.
Blue Angels Elementary was named after the United States Navy precision flying team, Blue Angels. For more information about the USN Blue Angels click on their link: Blue Angels Navy
Blue Angels Elementary's first principal was Dr. Karen S. Owen. She served at Blue Angels until the end of the 2004-2005 school year. Our next principal was Dr.Tama Vaughn. She was at Blue Angels until the end of the 2006-2007 school year. Mrs. Montgomery, former principal, recently retired and was at Blue Angels since the school opened in 2000. She served as curriculum coordinator, assistant principal and Principal. In the fall of 2018, we welcomed Jayne Murphy as our new Principal. Our current assistant principal is Mrs. Morris.
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of Blue Angels elementary is to promote joy in learning in a positive, safe, and child-centered environment.
We at Blue Angels Elementary affirm that:
* all children can be successful learners,
* children are to be respectful citizens,
* everyone will have opportunities to achieve his or her full potential,
* we will promote a desire for life-long learning,
* we will provide meaningful learning with real-world experiences,
* and everyone will commit to a Quality process to produce a Quality outcome.