Your Guidance Office Home Page

  • The Booker T. Washington High School Counseling Department strives to provide quality and comprehensive academic support as we assist your student in reaching his or her academic goals. Please visit the Guidance Department Office in the main lobby to assist you and your student in his or her academic plans.

  • Records Request

    Records for current BTWHS students may be obtained by contacting Ms. Heather Dalton.

    All previous and inactive students requesting student records such as transcripts, birth certificates and/or immunization forms that are no longer currently enrolled active students in Escambia Public Schools, should click here for assistance.

  • Emergency Resources

    Abuse Hotline: Dept of Children and Families 1(800)-96-ABUSE

    Escambia County Sheriff's Dept. non-emergency line: 850-436-9620

    Pensacola Police Dept. non-emergency line: 850-435-1845

    Mental Health: Contact BTWHS Guidance 

    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

    Lakeview Main number:  850-432-1222   

    Mobile Response Team (MRT)  1-866-517-7766 *Great Resource for mental health services, as well as, offering emergency mental health crisis intervention and support.

    Food Support: Manna Food Bank- 3030 N. E St., 850-432-2053

  • BTWHS - committed to military families.

    Military Counseling

  • Student Enrollment

    Students enrolling at Booker T. Washington High School should have the following documents available, which are required for all incoming new students:

    • Verification of age - Commonly, a copy of the birth certificate
    • Social security number
    • Current physical 
    • Florida Certification of Immunization (DH Form 680):  This form must be signed by a Florida physician or clinic.
    • PLEASE NOTE: A physical and certificate of immunization must be obtained within 30 days after enrolling in school.
    • Proof of Residence: Gulf Power Bill, ECUA Bill, Lease or Mortgage agreement with the parent’s name and address listed.
    • Transcript of grades from last school with the grading scale.
    • Numerical withdrawal grades, if enrolling after the school year has begun.
    • Copy of current IEP or 504, if applicable

    Students who are transferring to schools within the district or returning to the district need the following documents:

    • Proof of Residence: Gulf Power Bill, ECUA Bill, Lease or Mortgage agreement with the parent’s name and address listed.
    • Withdrawal form from prior school
    • Completed data verification form and student health verification form (Completed at the school)

    Next, follow the steps below. Students brand new to ECSD should complete all three steps. Students who are already enrolled or have previously been enrolled in an ECSD school should go directly to step 3 to schedule an appointment. We will begin scheduling appointments for June 2023 in mid-May.

    Click each link to complete the steps:

    Step 1. Locate your school for verification of zoned school.

    Step 2. Complete the online application form.  Prior ECPS students already have a student number and do not need to start an application.

    Step 3. Schedule a calendar appointment with BTWHS.