Through your child’s Individual Education Program, they may be eligible for related services. These services are determined by the IEP team, which writes specific goals and prescribes a set amount of service delivery time to address each goal. These services may include:
- Behavior Support: All students at Hope Horizon have additional behavior supports in place to ensure their safety and the safety of others. Over 90% of our students have additional supports in place, such as a Positive Behavior Intervention Plan (PBIP) written by a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). In addition, students may have Crisis Plans, Safety Plans, and additional supports to ensure their success.
- Transportation: All students attending Hope Horizon are provided transportation to and from campus through their IEP. Students attending Hope typically have behavior accommodations on the bus such as a bus-aid, visual supports, drop-off supervision (required for all students under 12 years old), and/or the use of a harness.
- Parents may choose to pick up or drop off their student via car.
- Students in our program may not walk to and from school, regardless of age.
- Health Services: Please refer to the “School Clinic” tab to read about the services provided by Ms. Kathy.
- Speech and Language Therapy: A Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) would work directly with your child in one-on-one or a small group to improve skills such as pronunciation, strengthen muscles, and work on speaking correctly. This service is directly aligned with the goals in their IEP.
- Occupational Therapy: Within the school setting, Occupational Therapists (OTs) may work with your child to improve fine-motor skills, perform specific tasks (e.g., manipulating a pencil), develop spatial awareness, and more! This service is aligned directly with the goals in their IEP.
- Physical Therapy: Similar to OT, Physical Therapists (PTs) work on gross motor skills (i.e., walking up and down stairs), building muscle tone, and assisting students to access their educational environment. This service is directly aligned with the goals in their IEP.
- Counseling: Please refer to the “Mental Health Counselor" tab to read about our Hope Horizon Counselors.
If you have any questions regarding your child's services, please reach out to Mrs. Jensen or Mrs. Guy to discuss setting up an IEP meeting.