Positive Behavior Program
Hello, Bailey Friends and Parents:
BAILEY NEEDS YOUR DONATIONS TO HELP IMPROVE OUR PBS INCENTIVE PROGRAM. Bailey Middle School is now a PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports) school which means our school is promoting a positive discipline plan to help our students enjoy coming to school and interacting in a positive manner.
PBIS is an approach to behavior support that includes an ongoing process of research-based assessment, intervention, and data-based decision-making focused on building social and other functional competencies, creating supportive contexts, and preventing the occurrence of problem behaviors. PBIS relies on strategies that are respectful of a person’s dignity and overall well-being and that are drawn primarily from behavioral, educational, and social sciences, although other evidence-based procedures may be incorporated. PBIS may be applied within a multi-tiered framework at the level of the individual and at the level of larger systems (e.g., families, classrooms, schools, social service programs, and facilities).”
One way to help support our students, in a positive fun way, is to donate student-friendly items, throughout the school year. These items will be used as incentives to promote positive behaviors among students.
Here are some ideas:
Food gift cards (McDonald's, Wendy’s, Subway, etc.) $5 or $10 cash value.
- Store gift cards (Wal-Mart, Target, Game Stop, Old Navy, Foot Locker, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Fast Eddies, Sam’s Fun City, Dream Land Skating Center, Claire’s, Visa gift cards, cash donation, etc.).
- New or used electronic games w/ game cartridges and chargers (MP3 players, Nintendo, Nano, iPod, mini Ipad, XBOX, Wii, Gameboy, etc.).
- Bicycles, skateboards, basketballs, soccer balls, footballs
- Packaged candy (dum dum lollipops, blow pops, airheads, candy rings, etc.)
- Sport/college paraphernalia
- Miscellaneous items (cellphone cases, headphones, earplugs, and board games. Whatever, you volunteer to donate will be greatly appreciated.
PLEASE NOTE: attach your name and address to any item you volunteer to donate. Bailey’s PBS members would like to mail you a personal “Thank You”. All donations can be dropped off in the front office or ask for Coach Peters: PBIS contact person @ 850-806-6005