30 East Texar Drive, Room 158
Pensacola, FL 32503
The Office of Facilities Planning functions as the School District’s interface for all new construction, renovation, and remodeling of capital facilities.
The Office is responsible for the management of planning, design, and construction of all School District facilities.
The Office is responsible for the planning, purchasing, and siting/relocation of all District relocatable classrooms.
The Office administers a highly efficient Capital Construction Crew and Capital Energy Crew for minor internal construction/HVAC projects.
The Office creates and updates annually the Five Year District Facilities Work Plan which details our capital building program for the next five years.
We strive to continuously improve our responsiveness, efficiency, and level of service to the School District. Please offer any comments you may have through our online survey.
Our Mission Statement
“Better Schools for our Students”
The mission of Facilities Planning is to provide a safe, secure, comfortable, and stimulating environment for our students and staff through a continuing process of professional planning, effective communication, and efficient delivery of services in alignment with District guidelines.
M. Keith Wasdin
Director of Facilities Planning
State Government and Legislative Issues
- Educational Facilities, Florida Department of Education
- Florida Legislature
- Smart Schools Clearinghouse
- Florida Statutes
- State Requirements for Educational Facilities (SREF) 2014 School Board Rules, School District of Escambia Co.
- Florida Fire Prevention Code
- Florida Building Code
Other Professional Organizations
- Council of Educational Facility Planners, International (CEFPI)
- Association of Physical Plant Administrators (APPA)
- Building Owners & Managers Association, International (BOMA)
- Construction Owners Association of America (COAA)
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)