Exceptional Student Education
"It is a great day to be UNIFIED"
Special Olympics 2023
Exceptional Student Education Mission
It is the mission of the Exceptional Student Education Department to support and sustain the educational structures and practices, to be inclusive of all students with or without disabilities, and to empower them to become responsible and productive citizens in today's global society. Each student will be welcomed, valued, given access to rigorous teaching and appropriately supported to access the general education curriculum.
Click Here for Input on the ESE Budget
To request school records contact:
Misti Rauh, ESE Enrollment Specialist, at (850) 430-7534 or MRauh@ecsdfl.us
James Murphy, Enrollment Services, at (850) 469-5517 or JMurphy4@ecsdfl.us
CONTACT FOR ESE DEPARTMENT
The ESE Department is located at the J.E. Hall Center. We are located in Bldg 5, to the right of the main building. Please contact the district office at (850) 429-2977 if there is contact information you are unable to locate here, and we will point you in the correct direction.
INFORMATION FROM FDLRS
At www.fdlrsemeraldcoast.org we are posting a tremendous number of webinars on setting up virtual instruction and other resources from the Florida Department of Education as well as the BEESS discretionary projects. Additional resources are listed under our Family Resources and Educator Resources tabs. Please re-post these links on your sites, or direct people to the FDLRS website; whatever works for letting teachers know that these resources are available.
We appreciate being of service; please let us know how we can best help you!
ESE DIRECTOR/ PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Sondra Hill, Director
Phone: (850) 429-2977
Renae Ellsworth, Program Planning Coordinator
Phone: (850) 469-5339
Let’s start the 2023-2024 school year compliant!
- Gather your case load assignment data in FOCUS. Go to District Reports, Select ESE and choose the ESE Primary/Exceptionality Other report. This report can be exported to excel and sorted by IEP or Re-Eval due dates.
- Ensure all SIS forms are completed accurately and that they are submitted at the beginning of the year and immediately following any meetings during the year.
- Check your students’ schedules in FOCUS to ensure they are scheduled with you.
- Inform General Education teachers of all student Accommodations, Behavior&/or Crisis plans and Other information regarding their disability.
- Ensure all parents/guardians receive accurate and timely meeting notices. Our district’s practice is to provide a minimum of a 14-day notice, they are notified twice and once must be in writing.
- Please be sure to include the SLP, OT, PT & Adapted PE teacher to meetings if students are being serviced by one of these professionals.
DISABILITY RIGHTS FLORIDA
Disability Rights Florida was founded in 1977 as the statewide designated protection and advocacy system for individuals with disabilities in the State of Florida. Disability Rights Florida is a not-for-profit corporation that has authority and responsibility under eight federal grants. Our services are free and confidential.