Enrollment Question 3

  • Is the student new to the Escambia County School District?  

    This means the student has never attended a public/charter school in the Escambia County School District for any services, such as speech therapy, physical therapy, registered with Home School, participated in school sports, etc.

    If yes:

    • Complete and submit the online enrollment application either at home or at the school. You must complete a separate application for each student.
      • OPTION 1 - No Parent Account or New to the District:  If you are new to the district, you will be prompted to create a Focus Parent Portal account first before starting the application.  To create a Focus Parent Portal account, you will need a valid e-mail address.  When you get to the Focus Parent Portal website, click on "I DO NOT have an Account Registered on the Parent Portal."  After you have created your account, you can click on "I would like to APPLY FOR ENROLLMENT for a new child.
      • OPTION 2 - Have a Parent Account: If you already have an account, you will be able to complete a new student registration which will link the new student to your Focus Parent Portal account so you will be able to communicate with the school and stay current on grades, attendance, and other data points.  When you get to the Focus Parent Portal website, click on "I have an Account Registered on the Parent Portal but would like to ADD A CHILD."  You will then have three (3) options.  Click on "I would like to APPLY FOR ENROLLMENT for a new child" to get started on a new enrollment application for a new student to the district.
      • Only use Firefox or Chrome browsers. The online application will not work in Internet Explorer.
    • Have the following information available: 
      • Emergency contact information
      • Insurance information
      • Medical information
    • Go to the school to complete the enrollment process
    • Bring to the school: 
      • Proof of Address
        If the school you are attempting to enroll is NOT your residentially zoned school, you must also have Enrollment Services approval prior to enrolling at the school.
      • Recent Physical within past 12 months
        See Health Requirements
      • Immunization Records
        See Health Requirements
      • Verification of Age
        • If the first prescribed evidence is not available, the next evidence obtainable in the order set forth below shall be accepted:
          • a duly attested transcript of the child's birth record filed according to law with a public officer charged with the duty of recording births; or
          • a duly attested transcript of a certificate of baptism showing the date of birth and place of baptism of the child accompanied by an affidavit sworn to by the parent(s); or
          • an insurance policy on the child's life which has been in force for at least two (2) years; or
          • a bona fide contemporary Bible record of the child's birth accompanied by an affidavit sworn to by the parent(s); or
          • a passport, a certificate of arrival in the United States, or a naturalization certificate showing the age of the child; or
          • a transcript record of age shown in the child's school record of at least four (4) years prior to application, stating date of birth; or
          • an affidavit of age sworn to by the parent and accompanied by a certificate of age, signed by a public health officer or by a licensed practicing physician designated by the School Board, stating that the health officer or physician has examined the child and believes that the age as stated in the affidavit is substantially correct (only if other evidence cannot be produced).
          • Children who are experiencing homelessness as defined in 39.0016, F.S., shall be given temporary exemption from this section for thirty (30) school days.
      • Social Security Number (optional)


    Online Enrollment Application: Please complete the online application.


    If you have any questions regarding registration, please call Enrollment Services at 850.469.5580.

Helpful Links: