Escambia County Public Schools Title I Head Start Collaborative
Head Start is locally administered by the Community Action Program. Title I is a collaborative partner with Head Start/ Community Action Program. Meredith Stieffel serves as the Title I/ Head Start Collaborative teacher for Escambia County Public Schools and is tasked with monitoring the expectations and requirements of the Head Start Performance Standards.
Mrs. Stieffel's work includes mentoring, coaching, and guiding teachers through visits and monthly observations at various classrooms and schools across ECPS.
The Head Start program is authorized by the Improving Head Start for School Readiness Act of 2007. Head Start promotes the school readiness of young children who have limited resources, giving them the opportunity to develop academic and social skills.
The Head Start Collaborative promotes school readiness by.:
- Promoting family participation in school events and activities
- Participating in home visits and parent conferences
- Planning field trips that are directly related to community needs and local culture
- Setting goals with families and assisting in the steps to achieve the goals
- Providing physical, dental, and mental health services
- Implementing a curriculum that is research based, aligned to the Florida Early Learning and Developmental Standards for 4-year-old's