High School Dual Enrollment
The dual enrollment program is the enrollment of an eligible secondary student or home education student in a postsecondary course creditable toward high school completion and a career certificate.
Student must have a 2.0 unweighted high school GPA for initial and continued enrollment. Additionally, to be considered for admission to the GSTC Dual Enrollment Program, the student must have a record of satisfactory attendance; no serious, repeated discipline infractions; maintained a successful GPA; furnish their own transportation; and furnish their own instructional materials. Students must also take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) prior to enrollment. A student may not enroll in a course that he/she will not be able to complete prior to high school graduation. Students who earn a D or an F in dual enrollment courses will be ineligible for enrollment the following semester.
The amount of high school credit that can be awarded for a dual enrollment course is identified in the FLDOE Dual Enrollment Course - High School Subject Area Equivalency List. The high school credit can only be awarded upon completion of the entire postsecondary course. High school credit cannot be awarded in increments if a student is scheduled across terms or years. The grade received is weighted the same as any other weighted class, such as AP, IB, and Honors.
Specific schedules will depend on the students' credit needs and class availability within the secondary school's schedule. Depending on that schedule, students will either attend GSTC in the morning and their secondary school in the afternoon or vice versa. GSTC day classes meet Monday through Friday, while evening classes meet Monday through Thursday.
Tuition and textbook fees are waived for dual enrollment students, as is the TABE testing fee; however, students may be responsible for uniforms, tools, or equipment required for some courses. Secondary students are not eligible for financial aid.
1. Student completes the GSTC online application found on the GSTC website located at www.GeorgeStoneCollege.edu
2. High School Counselor completes the Dual Enrollment application (link to be shared with you via email).
3. High School Counselor provides student/parent with a copy of the Dual Enrollment Student/Parent agreement (form will be shared via Google drive and posted on our webpage). This form must be signed by both student and a parent or guardian. Counselor will then email completed form to Maria Moultrie, GSTC Dual Enrollment Counselor.
4. Student must register for and complete the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE). Registration information can be found on the GSTC website on the Assessment page. The assessment fee is waived for students applying for dual enrollment purposes. The High School Counselor can send reportable ACT or SAT scores in lieu of the TABE.
5. Once steps 1-4 have been successfully completed, a determination for enrollment will be made. This decision will be communicated to the high school counselor to finalize the student’s program, schedule, and start date. Once scheduling is complete, student and parent will be notified via mailed letter.
Eligible Programs for Dual Enrollment (D=Day, E=Evening)
& Hospitality (D)