Provides the student with the opportunity to receive on-the-job training from his or her employer.
- Employment must be in the student's program field.
- Employer must agree to provide the training that is described in the student's Training Plan.
- Training must be completed within the same time schedule as if the student were receiving training at George Stone Technical Center.
- Student must be recommended by his/her instructor. See the DCT/Co-op Coordinator for all required documentation.
- Student may apply only after completing one half the total hours in his/her program.
The following programs are not eligible for cooperative education:
- Aviation Airframe Mechanics
- Aviation Powerplant Mechanics
- Correctional Officer
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Florida Law Enforcement Academy
- Home Health Aide
- Nursing Assistant
"He is learning new techniques and has a good attitude. He is a pleasure to have as an employee." - Tina, Restaurant Owner and Co-op Employer
"He is working out well and learning. I'm impressed with his work." - Jarrod, Automotive Repair Shop owner and Co-op Employer
"Troy is at work on time and ready to go. He has been going good and is currently working on a residential truck." - Steve, Electrical Contractor, Co-op Employer