New Hire Process
Welcome to Escambia County Public Schools
Escambia County Public Schools is a nicotine-free employer. Tobacco-Free Hiring Policy suspended from 7/1/22 - 1/1/24
Substitute Teaching: If you are looking to become a Substitute Teacher, you will also follow through this process. Please note: you will not be contacted for a new hire appointment until Human Resources has received acceptable transcripts and favorable background check results.
To begin the new hire process, you will need to undergo a background check. This process includes fingerprinting, which will be a cost to you. Please review the ECPS hiring guidelines prior to scheduling your background check appointment to ensure you are eligible for employment.
The cost of the background check is
- Permanent positions: $55.25
- Substitute/Temporary Positions: $79.25
- Coaching (part-time): $79.25
This is a non-refundable cost. You will need to have the Fieldprint Code you were given at the time you were offered employment to continue with making your appointment.
The following link will take you to our third party vendor responsible for providing this service. Once you have completed the process, please return to this page to continue with the next step.
Once we receive your background clearance, if the appropriate hiring documents have been vetted, you will be contacted by an individual in the Human Resource department to schedule a new hire appointment with the phone number you have listed on your application.
FOR TEACHERS: If you are being hired for a teaching position, you must either possess a Florida Educator Certificate or you must have applied for Florida Educator Certificate before you can move forward in the hiring process. You can find more information regarding this step at the Florida Department of Education Educator Certification
Important things to know regarding the new hire appointment:
- New hire appointments are scheduled on working days between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm, and can last anywhere from 1.5 hours to 3 hours.
- You will need to travel to another location during this appointment for drug testing. You will have a limited amount of time to travel from the Human Resource Department to the lab testing facility (1 hour). Failure to report for the drug test within the time limit will remove the offer of employment and deem you ineligible for future employment. Please ensure you have adequate time dedicated to this process and readily available transportation. You will be unable to process through the drug test with children accompanying you, please plan accordingly.
- You will be required to provide approved methods of ensuring your eligibility to work in the United States.Please click here to see a list of approved documents.
- You will need to bring a voided check in order to begin your direct deposit. If you do not have a financial institution, we have an alternative pay option should you choose not to bring banking information.
Once you have made your appointment and prior to the appointment date, ensure you have completed Step 3.
The next step in becoming a new employee includes completing new hire paperwork. This paperwork is used for a variety of reasons, including payroll and state and federal reporting. Please select the appropriate link below for the position that applies to you, print the documents*, and complete each page prior to your New Hire appointment in Human Resources.
*The packets contain fillable form fields that can be completed prior to printing. To complete the forms on your computer or mobile device, or if you have trouble printing from within your browser, we recommend downloading the forms and then editing them using Adobe Acrobat Reader, available free from Adobe's website or download the reader from an app store.
Once you have completed your new hire appointment, you will receive your new employee badge and you will be eligible to begin work with the District on the date your supervisor has indicated to you.
Please call 850-430-7689 for badging questions.
Questions about the New Hire Process?