Request a School Bus Stop Change
Bus Stop Change Request
This form is submitted when the request involves moving an existing bus stop from its current location to a different location, or creating an entirely new bus stop.
Requests for bus stop changes should not be made during the first two weeks of the school year. At the start of the school year, bus routes and rosters are still very fluid. Once things begin to settle down - normally after the first two weeks of school - the Transportation Department can begin to consider bus stop change requests. We will not generally make bus stop changes until then.
**NOTICE** Effective for the 2023-2024 school year, Bus Stop Change Requests are now accepted exclusively online, through the form linked below. Emails, faxes, phone calls, and paper forms are no longer available for these requests.
Click Here to Request a Bus Stop Change
Please do not use this form to notify us of a
change to your primary home address.
If you have moved and your child needs bus service to your new neighborhood, you must first update your address at your child's school and let the school know that your child needs a new bus assignment. The school will submit the request for a new bus assignment on your behalf after they update your address.
What happens after your request is submitted?
- Your request will be reviewed by the appropriate Route Manager for your child's school, and they will notify you by email or phone as to whether or not they have approved your request.
- If your request is not initially approved by the Route Manager, your request may be forwarded to the Bus Stop Change Committee (BSCC) on appeal, if you wish.
- The Route Manager and the BSCC have the authority to relocate bus stops as appropriate in a manner consistent with School Board Rules and statutes as long as the safety, efficiency, and dependability of the existing bus stop is not degraded and as long as a bus stop change will not pose an unwarranted hardship on another student. Buses will not generally be re-routed if the assigned bus stop is determined to be in a safe location and within established walking distance parameters, all other considerations remaining equal.
- Bus stop change requests are generally not processed until the completion of the 2nd full Mon-Fri week of school each school year.
- The Bus Stop Change Committee meets once monthly, September through April.
- Requests must be received by the last business day of the month to be considered in the following month's Bus Stop Change Committee meeting.
- For all requests that go before the Bus Stop Change Committee, the BSCC will send written notice of its decision to the parent/guardian within five (5) working days of the meeting at which the request is considered. These notifications are sent via USPS Certified Letter and will require a signature upon delivery.
Want to know more?